Saturday, October 3, 2009

Solange Knowles’ Honey Magazine Spread!







We knew that Solange’s short hair would grow on us…. and it did. Solo looks fierce in her new Honey Mag fashion spread dubbed “Solo In The City.” Here is what Solo had to say about her new haircut:

Let’s just start with the question that’s on everyone’s minds: the big chop. We fell in love with the cut right away. We wanted to shoot you before the cut, but we were really excited when we saw it because we could really get fashion-y.


I guess you just go through different phases in your life. I was pretty much at the point where I needed the change and I needed to focus my energy on more productive arenas. I was putting too much into my appearance and I needed to make this about growth and going to the next stage of my life. I felt like I was being distracted by something as simple as hair. I’ve always been really fearless about change. I’ve cut my hair the same way when I was 16 and again when I was 18. This was my third time.

( source )