Friday, September 4, 2009

Kevin Liles Leaves Warner Music Group


After weeks of speculation and rumors, of wanting, Kevin Liles steps down as Executive Vice President of Warner Music Group in order to pursue bigger endeavors like politics and more philanthropic work.Rumors are also swarming that he got fired, but they don't want to taint his legacy at Warner."In the past couple weeks I've made one of the most important decisions of my life - to depart the Warner Music Group in order to focus more on new entrepreneurial endeavors in talent management, entertainment, media and my personal philanthropic and political passions. I am thankful for the opportunities that Edgar and Lyor have given me, most recently in entrusting me with driving the company's global artist services strategy, which is redefining the way labels and artists work together. My work here is now complete and I'm excited about the next chapter of my life."


-Kevin Liles to AllHipHop.comJust to give you a run down of his timeline [thanks to AllHipHop]...


-1991 Kevin Liles started his career at Def Jam as an unpaid intern.


-1993 he was the Mid-Atlantic Marketing Manager.


-1998 he became President of Def Jam Music Group (signed Jay-Z, Irg Gotti & Murder Inc., DMX, and others)


-2004 he started his tenur at Warner Music Group as Executive Vice President
via:hip hop