Friday, July 24, 2009

Lebron James admits to smoking marijuana in High school


In "Shooting Stars," a book written by James and co-author Buzz Bissinger, James has admitted to smoking pot. James revealed he and his teammates smoked marijuana one night after getting access to a hotel room in Akron. Also in the book James is qouted saying "I was arrogant, dubbing myself "The Chosen One," James said. "In hindsight, I should have kept quiet, but I also was what I was, a teenager where every reporter in the world seemed to be rushing toward me at once."...and..."We had become big-headed jerks, me in particular," James said, "and we are to blame for that, but so are adults who treated us that way and then sat back and smugly watched the self-destruction."

James also touches on the contraversial subject of the loan his mother obtained to rent a $50,000 HUMMER SUV, "Was the vehicle excessive, with its bank of three televisions? Maybe. Probably. Of course it was," James said. "So were the BMWs parked in the St. V lot, belonging to fellow students. But nobody ever questioned those."

James states that throughout the obstacles and constant media torment he and his friends prevailed, bringing them closer.