Friday, July 24, 2009

Ben Roethlisberger Speaks on Civil Suit Alleging He Raped a Woman



Here is a brief statement made by Pittsburgh Steelers Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger on a civil suit filed against him by a woman who claims he raped her. He said he did no such thing, and promised to fight the allegation, but to stay focused on football.

Roethlisberger said, "I did not sexually assault Andrea McNulty."

"Saturday was the first that I learned of her accusations. Her false and vicious allegations are an attack on my family and on me"

"I would never, ever force myself on a woman."

"I want to fight to protect my family and my reputation."

"I'm not going to discuss my private life or this civil case in the media."

"I'll respond to her outrageous allegations in the appropriate forum."

"I have an obligation to our fans, to my teammates, to my coaches and everyone in the organization to remain focused on the Pittsburgh Steelers and I will do that."

"The allegations against me are reckless and false."

"As much as I would like to answer everyone's questions, I going to respect the legal process and I am confident that the truth will prevail."