Thursday, August 14, 2008

Jay-Z Speaks On Loyalty, Glastonbury & The Upcoming Album


Does it upset you when people question your loyalty or friendship? Just last week artists that you used to work with, like Tierra Marie and Foxy Brown, questioned your friendship …

That’s just from being in the business so long. You know that stuff is going to happen eventually… What I am very happy about is that no matter what people say, no one has ever said that I am dishonest or that I have taken one dime from them. [Raises voice] I’ve never cheated anyone out of a dime. No one’s ever said that, right? As far as Foxy or Tierra Marie, these are people that I have given chances to. Sometimes it don’t work out. It’s understandable that they would be upset, but you got to look at it [from] my point of view as well. I did give them chances. I gave Tierra Marie the same shot I gave Rihanna. Look at where Rihanna is. Look how that turned out. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn’t. I wish I could make every single person successful but that just is not reality. That’s not even realistic.