Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Jacki-O Speaks On Having Sex To Get Her Advance


According to Jacki-O, all the other acts on the label received their money, except her. When she asked about it, she was given an ultimatum.
“Everybody that signed [to Poe Boy] had gotten their advance money, but when it came time for me to get my advance, I had to f*** for my advance,” Jacki-O told the magazine. “It was ten stacks and I had to f*** for it. So naturally, it wasn’t something that I’m proud of doing.”

“Obviously my interview was read and what was taken out of it was the negative and not what was intended,” she said in a statement. “My intentions was to really to express the regret that I had for having to have sex and just the way that people are abused when they are under authority. When you in a situation when someone is telling you, ‘Hey, this is your dream, you can be this, you can go off and do what you love to do, which is write music and be an artist, but you gotta have sex.’ I’m from Liberty City, Pork ‘N Beans projects. I mean, come on.

“I don’t think it’s a problem with the women, it’s a problem with people that abuse their authority,” Jacki says. “… I’m not a whore. I don’t go around having sex to get to the top.